CBS profit gains on advertising and cable fee revenue
May 1 (Reuters) - Broadcaster CBS Corp reported higher profit for the first quarter, helped by advertising during February's Super Bowl broadcast and a jump in revenue from cable channels.
Net earnings for the January through March period totaled $463 million, up from $394 million a year earlier, CBS said on Wednesday. Adjusted earnings per share reached 73 cents.
- Israel says shoots down Gaza drone as calls for truce mount |
- Ukraine forces end rebel airport blockade
- German database study hints diabetes drug cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources