CBS profit gains on advertising and cable fee revenue
May 1 (Reuters) - Broadcaster CBS Corp reported higher profit for the first quarter, helped by advertising during February's Super Bowl broadcast and a jump in revenue from cable channels.
Net earnings for the January through March period totaled $463 million, up from $394 million a year earlier, CBS said on Wednesday. Adjusted earnings per share reached 73 cents.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter allowed to keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule