CBS profit gains on advertising and cable fee revenue
May 1 (Reuters) - Broadcaster CBS Corp reported higher profit for the first quarter, helped by advertising during February's Super Bowl broadcast and a jump in revenue from cable channels.
Net earnings for the January through March period totaled $463 million, up from $394 million a year earlier, CBS said on Wednesday. Adjusted earnings per share reached 73 cents.
- Gunman killed, three students shot in Florida university library |
- Naked outdoor protest over SeaWorld float in NY's Thanksgiving parade
- Pope to raffle gifts given to him to raise money for the poor
- Banking culture breeds dishonesty, scientific study finds
- Exclusive: U.S. to allow people from nations hit by Ebola to stay temporarily