Energizer Holdings profit rises 8 percent
May 1 (Reuters) - Energizer Holdings Inc, maker of Energizer batteries and Wilkinson Sword and Schick razor blades, posted an 8 percent jump in quarterly profit, helped by cost cuts.
Net earnings rose to $84.9 million, or $1.35 per share, in the second quarter from $77.9 million, or $1.17 per share, a year earlier. Sales fell marginally to $1.1 billion.
Selling, general and administrative expenses fell 9 percent to $209.9 million.
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Wall Street drops, S&P on track for worst day since April
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |