Energizer Holdings profit rises 8 percent
May 1 (Reuters) - Energizer Holdings Inc, maker of Energizer batteries and Wilkinson Sword and Schick razor blades, posted an 8 percent jump in quarterly profit, helped by cost cuts.
Net earnings rose to $84.9 million, or $1.35 per share, in the second quarter from $77.9 million, or $1.17 per share, a year earlier. Sales fell marginally to $1.1 billion.
Selling, general and administrative expenses fell 9 percent to $209.9 million.
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot: report
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government