Energizer Holdings profit rises 8 percent
May 1 (Reuters) - Energizer Holdings Inc, maker of Energizer batteries and Wilkinson Sword and Schick razor blades, posted an 8 percent jump in quarterly profit, helped by cost cuts.
Net earnings rose to $84.9 million, or $1.35 per share, in the second quarter from $77.9 million, or $1.17 per share, a year earlier. Sales fell marginally to $1.1 billion.
Selling, general and administrative expenses fell 9 percent to $209.9 million.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |