UPDATE 1-ADM advances takeover of Australia's GrainCorp
CHICAGO May 1 (Reuters) - Archer Daniels Midland Co on Wednesday said it completed due diligence on GrainCorp Ltd and intends to move forward with a cash offer to acquire the Australian grain handler.
GrainCorp's board, which rejected two earlier offers from ADM during a six-month courtship, last week backed a revised A$13.20 a share deal that included A$1.00 a share in dividends.
The deal needs regulatory approval.
ADM, one of the world's top grain traders, on Wednesday reported lower-than-expected earnings for the first quarter ended March 31, citing lingering pressure from a U.S. drought that slashed harvests last year.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane