NOVO NORDISK A/S : NOVO NORDISK A/S INCREASED OPERATING PROFIT BY 18% IN THE FIRST QUARTER OF 2013
COPENHAGEN May 1 (Reuters) - Denmark's Novo Nordisk , the world's biggest insulin producer, slightly raised its sales growth outlook for the full year after first quarter operating profit rose more than forecasts.
The rise in profit was aided by strong sales of its diabetes drug Victoza as well as modern insulins.
The company said it now saw 2013 sales growth in local currencies of 9-11 percent against a previous forecast for between 8 percent and 11 percent, and kept unchanged its forecast for operating profit growth of around 10 percent, also measured in local currencies. (Reporting by Mette Fraende)
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Nine-month-old baby may have been cured of HIV, U.S. scientists say
- Exclusive: Russia wants IMF to move ahead on reforms without U.S. - sources