NOVO NORDISK A/S : NOVO NORDISK A/S INCREASED OPERATING PROFIT BY 18% IN THE FIRST QUARTER OF 2013
COPENHAGEN May 1 (Reuters) - Denmark's Novo Nordisk , the world's biggest insulin producer, slightly raised its sales growth outlook for the full year after first quarter operating profit rose more than forecasts.
The rise in profit was aided by strong sales of its diabetes drug Victoza as well as modern insulins.
The company said it now saw 2013 sales growth in local currencies of 9-11 percent against a previous forecast for between 8 percent and 11 percent, and kept unchanged its forecast for operating profit growth of around 10 percent, also measured in local currencies. (Reporting by Mette Fraende)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in NY hospital, nurse declared virus-free
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement