Nine injured in explosion at Magna Ontario plant -police
May 1 (Reuters) - Nine people were injured in an explosion and fire on Wednesday at an auto parts plant in Newmarket, Ontario, owned by Magna International Inc, local police said.
York Regional police said six people were sent to the hospital, while Magna said in a statement that five employees were hospitalized for evaluation.
Magna confirmed that its Dortec Industries plant, which is located some 35 miles (55 kilometers) north of Toronto, is closed at this time. Police said provincial officials are investigating the cause of the explosion.
Magna, one of Canada's largest auto parts makers, said 350 people are employed at the plant.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |