Dollar falls to 2-month low versus currency basket
LONDON May 1 (Reuters) - The dollar fell to a two-month low against a basket of currencies on Wednesday on expectations the U.S. Federal Reserve will stick to its aggressive stimulus programme when it announces a decision later in the day.
The dollar index dropped as low as 81.596, its weakest since late February.
It was also dragged lower by falls against the pound , which rose to a 2-1/2 month high after a better-than-expected UK purchasing managers' survey on manufacturing.
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- Florida man charged with murdering son so he could play video games
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official