Dollar falls to 2-month low versus currency basket
LONDON May 1 (Reuters) - The dollar fell to a two-month low against a basket of currencies on Wednesday on expectations the U.S. Federal Reserve will stick to its aggressive stimulus programme when it announces a decision later in the day.
The dollar index dropped as low as 81.596, its weakest since late February.
It was also dragged lower by falls against the pound , which rose to a 2-1/2 month high after a better-than-expected UK purchasing managers' survey on manufacturing.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions