Dollar falls to 2-month low versus currency basket
LONDON May 1 (Reuters) - The dollar fell to a two-month low against a basket of currencies on Wednesday on expectations the U.S. Federal Reserve will stick to its aggressive stimulus programme when it announces a decision later in the day.
The dollar index dropped as low as 81.596, its weakest since late February.
It was also dragged lower by falls against the pound , which rose to a 2-1/2 month high after a better-than-expected UK purchasing managers' survey on manufacturing.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Two injured after student opens fire at Colorado high school
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes