Dollar falls to 2-month low versus currency basket
LONDON May 1 (Reuters) - The dollar fell to a two-month low against a basket of currencies on Wednesday on expectations the U.S. Federal Reserve will stick to its aggressive stimulus programme when it announces a decision later in the day.
The dollar index dropped as low as 81.596, its weakest since late February.
It was also dragged lower by falls against the pound , which rose to a 2-1/2 month high after a better-than-expected UK purchasing managers' survey on manufacturing.
- Pressure for ceasefire grows in week-old Gaza war |
- Ukraine says Russian army officers fighting with rebels
- German database study hints diabetes drug cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Special Report: How Italy became a submerging economy
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources