US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St briefly pares losses after Fed
NEW YORK May 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks briefly pared losses on Wednesday after the Federal Reserve said it will maintain its stimulus plan at the conclusion of a two-day policy meeting.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 106.52 points, or 0.72 percent, to 14,733.28. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index lost 10.77 points, or 0.67 percent, to 1,586.80. The Nasdaq Composite Index declined 23.06 points, or 0.69 percent, to 3,305.73.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source