REFILE-US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St dips as Merck drags; Fed on tap
NEW YORK May 1 (Reuters) - Wall Street edged lower at the open on Wednesday, weighed by weak results from Merck as investors waited to hear from the U.S. Federal Reserve on the state of the economy.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 41.40 points, or 0.28 percent, to 14,798.40. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index lost 3.14 points, or 0.20 percent, to 1,594.43. The Nasdaq Composite Index shed 2.55 points, or 0.08 percent, to 3,326.24.
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- EU imposes sanctions after Crimea moves to join Russia |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- China rejects North Korean crimes report, hits chance of prosecution
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data