REFILE-US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St dips as Merck drags; Fed on tap
NEW YORK May 1 (Reuters) - Wall Street edged lower at the open on Wednesday, weighed by weak results from Merck as investors waited to hear from the U.S. Federal Reserve on the state of the economy.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 41.40 points, or 0.28 percent, to 14,798.40. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index lost 3.14 points, or 0.20 percent, to 1,594.43. The Nasdaq Composite Index shed 2.55 points, or 0.08 percent, to 3,326.24.
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Police move against protesters as calm dissolves in Ferguson, Missouri
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Advancing Ukraine troops take fight to heart of pro-Moscow rebellion |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another