Turkcell withdraws US lawsuit against MTN
WASHINGTON May 1 (Reuters) - Turkish telecom company Turkcell dismissed its multibillion-dollar U.S. lawsuit against rival African mobile phone group MTN, citing a recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling that hurt its case.
MTN and its local partners won a lucrative licence in 2005 to launch a new Iranian mobile-phone carrier, but the deal became embroiled in controversy when Turkcell last year filed a $4.2 billion lawsuit in Washington alleging corruption. (Reporting by Aruna Viswanatha)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Pennsylvania sniper held without bail in trooper shooting |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows