Turkcell withdraws US lawsuit against MTN
WASHINGTON May 1 (Reuters) - Turkish telecom company Turkcell dismissed its multibillion-dollar U.S. lawsuit against rival African mobile phone group MTN, citing a recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling that hurt its case.
MTN and its local partners won a lucrative licence in 2005 to launch a new Iranian mobile-phone carrier, but the deal became embroiled in controversy when Turkcell last year filed a $4.2 billion lawsuit in Washington alleging corruption. (Reporting by Aruna Viswanatha)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions