MasterCard profit rises 12 pct
May 1 (Reuters) - MasterCard Inc, the world's second-largest credit and debit card network, reported a 12 percent rise in quarterly profit as more people used credit and debit cards instead of cash.
Net income rose to $766 million, or $6.23 per share, in the first quarter, from $682 million, or $5.36 per share, a year earlier.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- Car tied to suspected threat against Obama found in Connecticut