Barcelona's Messi on the bench for Bayern clash
BARCELONA (Reuters) - Barcelona forward Lionel Messi was left out of the starting lineup for Wednesday's Champions League semi-final second leg at home to Bayern Munich, the La Liga club said.
The Argentine World Player of the Year suffered a hamstring strain last month and will start on the bench as Barca seek to overturn a 4-0 deficit from last week's first leg in Munich.
Messi's place in the side was taken by Cesc Fabregas, who will play in the roving forward role in a three-pronged attack with Spain team mates David Villa and Pedro.
(Reporting by Iain Rogers, editing by Mark Meadows)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea