Barcelona's Messi on the bench for Bayern clash
BARCELONA (Reuters) - Barcelona forward Lionel Messi was left out of the starting lineup for Wednesday's Champions League semi-final second leg at home to Bayern Munich, the La Liga club said.
The Argentine World Player of the Year suffered a hamstring strain last month and will start on the bench as Barca seek to overturn a 4-0 deficit from last week's first leg in Munich.
Messi's place in the side was taken by Cesc Fabregas, who will play in the roving forward role in a three-pronged attack with Spain team mates David Villa and Pedro.
(Reporting by Iain Rogers, editing by Mark Meadows)
- U.S.' Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study