Viacom reports lower revenue and profit
May 1 (Reuters) - Viacom Inc reported a 6 percent drop in revenue because of weakness at its Film Entertainment division, which includes the movie studio Paramount Pictures.
Total revenue for the quarter ending March was $3.14 billion slightly lower than analysts' expectations of $3.19 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Advertising revenue at its network of cable properties including MTV and Comedy Central rose 2 percent.
Earnings per share for the quarter before items were 96 cents versus 98 cents in the same period a year ago.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans