Viacom reports lower revenue and profit
May 1 (Reuters) - Viacom Inc reported a 6 percent drop in revenue because of weakness at its Film Entertainment division, which includes the movie studio Paramount Pictures.
Total revenue for the quarter ending March was $3.14 billion slightly lower than analysts' expectations of $3.19 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Advertising revenue at its network of cable properties including MTV and Comedy Central rose 2 percent.
Earnings per share for the quarter before items were 96 cents versus 98 cents in the same period a year ago.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade