AIG profit falls 35 pct as premium income dips
May 2 (Reuters) - Insurer American International Group Inc's quarterly profit fell about 35 percent on lower premium income and higher claims.
Net income fell to $1.98 billion, or $1.34 per share, for the first quarter, from $3.05 billion, or $1.71 per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, AIG earned $1.34 per share.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions