Audience revenue rises on higher demand from key customers
May 2 (Reuters) - Audience Inc reported a 52 percent rise in quarterly revenue due to strong demand for its audio chips from its customers Samsung Electronics Co Ltd , Dell Inc and Huawei.
Net income rose to $4.6 million, or 20 cents per share, in the first quarter from $4.2 million, or 16 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose to $47.2 million from $31.1 million.
Audience makes chips that improve voice quality in mobile devices by filtering out background noise.
Its biggest client is Samsung, which accounted for 48 percent of its sales last year.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study