Audience revenue rises on higher demand from key customers
May 2 (Reuters) - Audience Inc reported a 52 percent rise in quarterly revenue due to strong demand for its audio chips from its customers Samsung Electronics Co Ltd , Dell Inc and Huawei.
Net income rose to $4.6 million, or 20 cents per share, in the first quarter from $4.2 million, or 16 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose to $47.2 million from $31.1 million.
Audience makes chips that improve voice quality in mobile devices by filtering out background noise.
Its biggest client is Samsung, which accounted for 48 percent of its sales last year.
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. hospital to discharge doctor treated with experimental Ebola drug
- Calm largely holds in Missouri after grand jury opens shooting investigation |