Audience revenue rises on higher demand from key customers
May 2 (Reuters) - Audience Inc reported a 52 percent rise in quarterly revenue due to strong demand for its audio chips from its customers Samsung Electronics Co Ltd , Dell Inc and Huawei.
Net income rose to $4.6 million, or 20 cents per share, in the first quarter from $4.2 million, or 16 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose to $47.2 million from $31.1 million.
Audience makes chips that improve voice quality in mobile devices by filtering out background noise.
Its biggest client is Samsung, which accounted for 48 percent of its sales last year.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |