Loblaw committed to staying in Bangladesh - CEO
TORONTO May 2 (Reuters) - Loblaw Companies Ltd, Canada's largest grocer and the company behind discount clothing chain Joe Fresh, is committed to staying in Bangladesh, but will take steps to improve facilities and will start a relief fund, its chief executive said on Thursday.
"I'm shaken by the events that took place in Bangladesh last week," chief executive Galen Weston said in a press conference.
"I am deeply troubled. I am troubled that despite a clear commitment to the highest standards of ethical sourcing, our company can still be part of such an unspeakable tragedy."
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel