Canada says new Bank of Canada governor to be named "soon"
OTTAWA May 2 (Reuters) - Canadian Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said on Thursday the new Bank of Canada governor would be named "soon", a spokesman for the minister said.
The replacement for Governor Mark Carney, who is stepping down on June 1 to head to the Bank of England, is widely expected to be named later on Thursday, possibly at 4 p.m. EDT (2000 GMT).
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video