Canada says new Bank of Canada governor to be named "soon"
OTTAWA May 2 (Reuters) - Canadian Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said on Thursday the new Bank of Canada governor would be named "soon", a spokesman for the minister said.
The replacement for Governor Mark Carney, who is stepping down on June 1 to head to the Bank of England, is widely expected to be named later on Thursday, possibly at 4 p.m. EDT (2000 GMT).
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies