Canada says new Bank of Canada governor to be named "soon"
OTTAWA May 2 (Reuters) - Canadian Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said on Thursday the new Bank of Canada governor would be named "soon", a spokesman for the minister said.
The replacement for Governor Mark Carney, who is stepping down on June 1 to head to the Bank of England, is widely expected to be named later on Thursday, possibly at 4 p.m. EDT (2000 GMT).
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa, world mourn 'giant for justice' Mandela |
- Key U.S. lawmakers urge China to back off on air defense zone
- Decaying steel town gets movie star turn in 'Out of the Furnace'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image