Canada's Flaherty to make announcement, likely new BoC head
OTTAWA May 2 (Reuters) - Canadian Finance Minister Jim Flaherty will make an announcement at 4 pm EDT (2000 GMT) on Thursday, the finance department said in a news release.
Flaherty is widely expected to reveal who will replace Mark Carney as the governor of the Bank of Canada.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data