D.Bahn to buy engines from Bombardier for up to 1.5 bln eur
BERLIN May 2 (Reuters) - German railway operator Deutsche Bahn has agreed a 1.5 billion euro deal to buy up to 450 electric engines from Canada's Bombardier, the German group said on Thursday.
Bahn has placed an initial order for 130 electric engines, mostly for freight transport but also including 20 for passenger trains. It has an option to purchase a further 320 engines until 2023.
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets