Eldorado turns to loss on Greek tax rate charge
TORONTO May 2 (Reuters) - Canadian miner Eldorado Gold Corp posted a first-quarter loss on Thursday, hit by $125.2 million charge related to a change in the Greek tax rate.
The gold producer posted a net loss attributable to shareholders of $45.5 million, or 6 cents a share, in the quarter ended March 31. That compared with earnings of $67.9 million, or 11 cents a share, in the year-ago period.
Revenues rose 24.5 percent to $338.1 million.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source