Uniqlo Japan April sales fall 3 pct after cool temps
TOKYO May 2 (Reuters) - Fast Retailing Co said on Thursday that same-store sales at its Uniqlo basic clothing outlets in Japan fell 3 percent in April from a year ago as cool weather towards the end of the month dented sales of spring apparel.
Asia's top apparel retailer gets the bulk of its profits from Uniqlo Japan, where the chain store's nationwide market share is close to 9 percent for menswear and nearly 4 percent for women's clothing.
(Reporting by James Topham)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |