Low cotton prices, higher sales boost Gildan's profit
May 2(Reuters) - Canadian apparel maker Gildan Activewear Inc reported a higher second-quarter profit, helped by lower cotton prices and higher sales across its printwear and branded businesses.
The company's net profit rose to $72.3 million, or 59 cents per share, from $26.9 million, or 22 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data