S&P cuts LaSalle, Ill.'s GO rating 2 notches to 'A-'
May 2 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said on Thursday it lowered LaSalle, Ill.'s general obligation bond rating to A-minus from A-plus.
S&P said the downgrade was due in part to a drop in the city's general fund balance to a negative level, and an adequate, but below-average income level.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter