Manulife first-quarter profit halves
May 2 (Reuters) - Manulife Financial Corp , Canada's largest insurer, reported a lower first-quarter profit on weak insurance sales and higher expenses.
Net income fell to C$540 million, or 28 cents per share, for the first quarter, from C$1.22 billion, or 63 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Alumnus shot dead after wounding three at Florida State University |
- Pope to raffle gifts given to him to raise money for the poor
- Naked outdoor protest over SeaWorld float in NY's Thanksgiving parade
- Exclusive: U.S. to allow people from nations hit by Ebola to stay temporarily
- Banking culture breeds dishonesty, scientific study finds