Manulife first-quarter profit halves
May 2 (Reuters) - Manulife Financial Corp , Canada's largest insurer, reported a lower first-quarter profit on weak insurance sales and higher expenses.
Net income fell to C$540 million, or 28 cents per share, for the first quarter, from C$1.22 billion, or 63 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards offered online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter