Manulife first-quarter profit halves
May 2 (Reuters) - Manulife Financial Corp , Canada's largest insurer, reported a lower first-quarter profit on weak insurance sales and higher expenses.
Net income fell to C$540 million, or 28 cents per share, for the first quarter, from C$1.22 billion, or 63 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Texas actress pleads guilty for ricin-laced letter sent to Obama