Manulife first-quarter profit halves
May 2 (Reuters) - Manulife Financial Corp , Canada's largest insurer, reported a lower first-quarter profit on weak insurance sales and higher expenses.
Net income fell to C$540 million, or 28 cents per share, for the first quarter, from C$1.22 billion, or 63 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand