EURO GOVT-Bunds erase gains as ECB rate cut eyed
LONDON May 2 (Reuters) - German Bund futures reversed gains on Thursday as some investors booked profits from a market rally near record highs this week before a European Central Bank rate decision later in the day.
The ECB is expected to cut its main refinancing rate by 25 basis points to a record low of 0.5 percent after its policy meeting on Thursday. Traders said the Bund market already anticipated such a cut so was vulnerable to profit-taking.
Bund futures were last 17 ticks lower on the day at 146.41.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls