UPDATE 3-NORDIC STOCKS - Factors to watch on May 2
HELSINKI May 2 (Reuters) - The following stocks may be affected by newspaper reports and other factors on Thursday:
Oil firm Statoil reported first-quarter results below expectations with production problems at major gas fields Troll and Snoehvit off Norway and oil and gas field Peregrino off Brazil.
Statoil's adjusted operating profit was 42.4 billion Norwegian crowns ($7.36 billion), below expectations for 47.7 billion crowns and under 59.2 billion a year earlier.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentine debt talks down to the wire to avert default
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |