SNC posts lower Q1 profit and announces new strategic plan
TORONTO May 2 (Reuters) - Canadian construction and engineering company SNC Lavalin Group Inc reported lower first-quarter profit on Thursday and announced a new strategic plan that will include focusing on growth in its resources segment.
Net income was C$53.6 million ($53.17 million), or 35 Canadian cents per share, down from C$66.3 million, or 44 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Home sales tumble, jobless claims at near nine-month high
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia