Mattress maker Tempur-Pedic's quarterly sales rise
May 2 (Reuters) - Mattress maker Tempur-Pedic International Inc's first-quarter sales rose 1.5 percent to $390.1 million, helped by the inclusion of $46.7 million of sales at recently-acquired Sealy Corp.
Tempur-Pedic completed the purchase of Sealy on March 18.
Tempur-Pedic's net income fell to $12.5 million, or 20 cents per share, in the quarter ended March 31, from $56.2 million, or 86 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 62 cents per share.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'