Deutsche Bahn to buy engines from Bombardier for up to 1.5 billion euro
BERLIN (Reuters) - German railway operator Deutsche Bahn DBN.UL has agreed a 1.5 billion euro deal to buy up to 450 electric engines from Canada's Bombardier (BBDb.TO), the German group said on Thursday.
Bahn has placed an initial order for 130 electric engines, mostly for freight transport but also including 20 for passenger trains. It has an option to purchase a further 320 engines until 2023.
(Reporting by Madeline Chambers, editing by Gareth Jones)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials