Deutsche Bahn to buy engines from Bombardier for up to 1.5 billion euro
BERLIN (Reuters) - German railway operator Deutsche Bahn DBN.UL has agreed a 1.5 billion euro deal to buy up to 450 electric engines from Canada's Bombardier (BBDb.TO), the German group said on Thursday.
Bahn has placed an initial order for 130 electric engines, mostly for freight transport but also including 20 for passenger trains. It has an option to purchase a further 320 engines until 2023.
(Reporting by Madeline Chambers, editing by Gareth Jones)
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Fast-food workers to launch intensified protests across U.S.