Deutsche Bahn to buy engines from Bombardier for up to 1.5 billion euro
BERLIN (Reuters) - German railway operator Deutsche Bahn DBN.UL has agreed a 1.5 billion euro deal to buy up to 450 electric engines from Canada's Bombardier (BBDb.TO), the German group said on Thursday.
Bahn has placed an initial order for 130 electric engines, mostly for freight transport but also including 20 for passenger trains. It has an option to purchase a further 320 engines until 2023.
(Reporting by Madeline Chambers, editing by Gareth Jones)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |