Valeant posts bigger loss as costs rise
(Reuters) - Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc (VRX.TO) (VRX.N), Canada's biggest publicly traded drugmaker, reported a bigger first-quarter loss as expenses rose due to its $2.6 billion acquisition of Medicis Pharmaceuticals Corp.
The company's net loss widened to $27.5 million, or 9 cents per share, from $12.9 million, or 4 cents per share, a year earlier.
Cash earnings, or profit adjusted for one-time items, amounted to $1.30 per share.
(Reporting by Bhaswati Mukhopadhyay; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |