Valeant posts bigger loss as costs rise
May 2 (Reuters) - Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc , Canada's biggest publicly traded drugmaker, reported a bigger first-quarter loss as expenses rose due to its $2.6 billion acquisition of Medicis Pharmaceuticals Corp.
The company's net loss widened to $27.5 million, or 9 cents per share, from $12.9 million, or 4 cents per share, a year earlier.
Cash earnings, or profit adjusted for one-time items, amounted to $1.30 per share.
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- 'Excessive' rubbing of engine blades caused F-35 failure: Pentagon