Valeant posts bigger loss as costs rise
May 2 (Reuters) - Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc , Canada's biggest publicly traded drugmaker, reported a bigger first-quarter loss as expenses rose due to its $2.6 billion acquisition of Medicis Pharmaceuticals Corp.
The company's net loss widened to $27.5 million, or 9 cents per share, from $12.9 million, or 4 cents per share, a year earlier.
Cash earnings, or profit adjusted for one-time items, amounted to $1.30 per share.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane