Bharti Airtel to sell 5 pct stake to Qatar Foundation for $1.26 bln
NEW DELHI May 3 (Reuters) - Bharti Airtel Ltd, India's top telecommunications carrier, said on Friday it would sell a 5 percent stake in the company to Qatar Foundation Endowment for $1.26 billion to strengthen the capital structure of the company.
Bharti will issue 199.9 million new shares to Qatar Foundation Endowment at 340 rupees apiece, the company said in a statement.
The issue price represents a 7.3 percent premium to the stock's Thursday closing price.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter