Bharti Airtel to sell 5 pct stake to Qatar Foundation for $1.26 bln
NEW DELHI May 3 (Reuters) - Bharti Airtel Ltd, India's top telecommunications carrier, said on Friday it would sell a 5 percent stake in the company to Qatar Foundation Endowment for $1.26 billion to strengthen the capital structure of the company.
Bharti will issue 199.9 million new shares to Qatar Foundation Endowment at 340 rupees apiece, the company said in a statement.
The issue price represents a 7.3 percent premium to the stock's Thursday closing price.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel