Bharti Airtel to sell 5 pct stake to Qatar Foundation for $1.26 bln
NEW DELHI May 3 (Reuters) - Bharti Airtel Ltd, India's top telecommunications carrier, said on Friday it would sell a 5 percent stake in the company to Qatar Foundation Endowment for $1.26 billion to strengthen the capital structure of the company.
Bharti will issue 199.9 million new shares to Qatar Foundation Endowment at 340 rupees apiece, the company said in a statement.
The issue price represents a 7.3 percent premium to the stock's Thursday closing price.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |