Bharti Airtel to sell 5 pct stake to Qatar Foundation for $1.26 bln
NEW DELHI May 3 (Reuters) - Bharti Airtel Ltd, India's top telecommunications carrier, said on Friday it would sell a 5 percent stake in the company to Qatar Foundation Endowment for $1.26 billion to strengthen the capital structure of the company.
Bharti will issue 199.9 million new shares to Qatar Foundation Endowment at 340 rupees apiece, the company said in a statement.
The issue price represents a 7.3 percent premium to the stock's Thursday closing price.
- Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors |
- Three dead in east Ukraine, Putin warns of 'abyss' |
- California city evacuation lifted after military ordnance found
- Teen in 'Jihad Jane' case to be sentenced on U.S. terror charges
- Search for Malaysia jet refocuses on drone scans of sea floor