US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Dow hits 15,000 on job market strength
NEW YORK May 3 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks added to gains on Friday, with the Dow industrials at a record high above 15,000 after a strong payrolls report for April and large upward revisions showed the jobs market is healing despite the sluggish recovery in the overall economy.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 176.4 points or 1.19 percent, to 15,007.98, the S&P 500 gained 20.7 points or 1.3 percent, to 1,618.29 and the Nasdaq Composite added 46.01 points or 1.38 percent, to 3,386.64.
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Global stocks rise, yen slips after peaceful Crimea vote |