Chairman Irani stepping down from Occidental board
SANTA MONICA, Calif.
SANTA MONICA, Calif. May 3 (Reuters) - Occidental Petroleum Corp said Chairman Ray Irani would step down after shareholders withheld support for him to remain on the board of directors.
Chief Executive Steve Chazen announced the news at the company's annual shareholder meeting on Friday.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |