Sky Deutschland affirms outlook after Q1 operating profit
FRANKFURT May 3 (Reuters) - German pay-TV operator Sky Deutschland stuck to its full-year outlook on Friday after swinging to an operating profit in the first quarter.
The company said it expected 2013 earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) to be positive, and to grow strongly thereafter.
First-quarter EBITDA came to 5.8 million euros ($7.6 million), compared with a year-earlier loss of 40.6 million.
It added 42,100 customers to 3.4 million during the quarter.
($1 = 0.7649 euros) (Reporting by Harro ten Wolde; Editing by Maria Sheahan)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'