CORRECTED-Telefonica Deutschland Q1 fixed line revenue down 10.7 pct
(Corrects headline and first paragraph to read 'fixed line', not 'wireless')
FRANKFURT May 3 (Reuters) - Telefonica Deutschland said on Friday its first-quarter fixed line revenue fell 10.7 percent to 315 million euros ($411.8 million) as competition in the market heated up.
First-quarter operating profit eased 0.7 percent to 278 million euros.
The company, which is 79.86 percent-owned by Telefonica and was listed on the Frankfurt stock exchange late last year, said it was facing a "demanding market and competition" this year.
Analysts had expected operating income before depreciation and amortisation (OIBDA) to reach about 293 million euros.
($1 = 0.7649 euros) (Reporting by Harro ten Wolde; Editing by Maria Sheahan and Peter Dinkloh)
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Rescuers seek survivors after NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ