CORRECTED-Telefonica Deutschland Q1 fixed line revenue down 10.7 pct
(Corrects headline and first paragraph to read 'fixed line', not 'wireless')
FRANKFURT May 3 (Reuters) - Telefonica Deutschland said on Friday its first-quarter fixed line revenue fell 10.7 percent to 315 million euros ($411.8 million) as competition in the market heated up.
First-quarter operating profit eased 0.7 percent to 278 million euros.
The company, which is 79.86 percent-owned by Telefonica and was listed on the Frankfurt stock exchange late last year, said it was facing a "demanding market and competition" this year.
Analysts had expected operating income before depreciation and amortisation (OIBDA) to reach about 293 million euros.
($1 = 0.7649 euros) (Reporting by Harro ten Wolde; Editing by Maria Sheahan and Peter Dinkloh)
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers Japan, South Korea
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape