Turkish April automotive sales up 16.9 pct- association
ISTANBUL May 3 (Reuters) - Turkish automotive sales rose 16.9 percent in April to 73,575 units, showing signs of recovery after a difficult year in 2012, the Automotive Distributors' Association (ODD) said on Friday.
Cumulative sales in the January-April period rose 13.83 percent to 226,179 units, the ODD said in an emailed statement.
Turkey's automotive sector was hit by a shrinking export market in Europe and weaker domestic demand in 2012. (Reporting by Seda Sezer; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape