Turkish April automotive sales up 16.9 pct- association
ISTANBUL May 3 (Reuters) - Turkish automotive sales rose 16.9 percent in April to 73,575 units, showing signs of recovery after a difficult year in 2012, the Automotive Distributors' Association (ODD) said on Friday.
Cumulative sales in the January-April period rose 13.83 percent to 226,179 units, the ODD said in an emailed statement.
Turkey's automotive sector was hit by a shrinking export market in Europe and weaker domestic demand in 2012. (Reporting by Seda Sezer; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls