BNP Paribas CEO praises ECB rate cut
PARIS (Reuters) - The European Central Bank's decision to cut interest rates this week will give the economy a helping hand but it will not be a cure-all, the chief executive of French bank BNP Paribas (BNPP.PA) told Reuters Insider television.
"(The rate cut) is a positive sign. It will not be an answer to all issues but it will be a good help to the economy," said Jean-Laurent Bonnafe.
Bonnafe added BNP could buy the state of Luxembourg's stake in its BGL subsidiary but did not give further details.
(Reporting by Lionel Laurent, editing by Astrid Wendlandt)
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media