Obama says does not foresee sending U.S. troops to Syria
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Friday he does not foresee a scenario in which he would send U.S. ground troops to Syria.
At a news conference in the Costa Rican capital, Obama also vowed the United States would take a cautious approach to responding to Syria's alleged use of chemical weapons, saying he will not "leap before we look."
- Children's corpses in Korean ferry reveal desperate attempts to escape |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China as Asia trip begins |
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |
- Australia vows to keep searching to solve missing Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China