Private equity firm CCMP buys Britain's Pure Gym
May 4 (Reuters) - Private equity firm CCMP Capital Advisors said on Saturday it is buying British gym operator Pure Gym for an undisclosed amount.
Pure Gym, known for offering affordable memberships at always-open, no-frills workout centers, has 45 locations in the United Kingdom, with more than 240,000 members, according to a press release announcing the deal.
CCMP, specializes in investments of $100 million to $500 million, said it supports a plan to open 40 new gyms over the next year.
The deal is expected to close in the second quarter, according the press release.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data