Private equity firm CCMP buys Britain's Pure Gym
May 4 (Reuters) - Private equity firm CCMP Capital Advisors said on Saturday it is buying British gym operator Pure Gym for an undisclosed amount.
Pure Gym, known for offering affordable memberships at always-open, no-frills workout centers, has 45 locations in the United Kingdom, with more than 240,000 members, according to a press release announcing the deal.
CCMP, specializes in investments of $100 million to $500 million, said it supports a plan to open 40 new gyms over the next year.
The deal is expected to close in the second quarter, according the press release.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |