HK's Galaxy Entertainment says to buy $419 mln Macau assets
HONG KONG May 5 (Reuters) - Galaxy Entertainment Group Ltd said on Sunday it would buy assets in Macau's Cotai from hotel operator and casino marketing firm Get Nice Holdings Ltd for HK$3.25 billion ($419 million).
The assets include properties and the right to use the trade mark Grand Waldo, Galaxy said in a filing to the Hong Kong bourse late on Sunday.
Gambling revenue in Macau, the world's biggest gaming destination, rose 13.2 percent in April year-on-year, buoyed by strong demand from wealthy Chinese customers.
Casinos such as Las Vegas Sands Corp, Galaxy Entertainment and Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd are developing attractions to appeal to a wider array of visitors.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls