HK's Galaxy Entertainment says to buy $419 mln Macau assets
HONG KONG May 5 (Reuters) - Galaxy Entertainment Group Ltd said on Sunday it would buy assets in Macau's Cotai from hotel operator and casino marketing firm Get Nice Holdings Ltd for HK$3.25 billion ($419 million).
The assets include properties and the right to use the trade mark Grand Waldo, Galaxy said in a filing to the Hong Kong bourse late on Sunday.
Gambling revenue in Macau, the world's biggest gaming destination, rose 13.2 percent in April year-on-year, buoyed by strong demand from wealthy Chinese customers.
Casinos such as Las Vegas Sands Corp, Galaxy Entertainment and Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd are developing attractions to appeal to a wider array of visitors.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image