Anadarko Petroleum quarterly profit falls, output a record
May 6 (Reuters) - Anadarko Petroleum Corp on Monday reported a sharply lower quarterly profit, as year-ago results were boosted by a large tax benefit.
The Houston company had a first-quarter profit of $460 million, or 91 cents per share, compared with $2.2 billion, or $4.28 per diluted share, in the same period a year earlier.
Oil and gas production rose 13 percent to a record 793,000 barrels oil equivalent (boe) per day.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |