Anadarko Petroleum quarterly profit falls, output a record
May 6 (Reuters) - Anadarko Petroleum Corp on Monday reported a sharply lower quarterly profit, as year-ago results were boosted by a large tax benefit.
The Houston company had a first-quarter profit of $460 million, or 91 cents per share, compared with $2.2 billion, or $4.28 per diluted share, in the same period a year earlier.
Oil and gas production rose 13 percent to a record 793,000 barrels oil equivalent (boe) per day.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |