Anadarko Petroleum quarterly profit falls, output a record
May 6 (Reuters) - Anadarko Petroleum Corp on Monday reported a sharply lower quarterly profit, as year-ago results were boosted by a large tax benefit.
The Houston company had a first-quarter profit of $460 million, or 91 cents per share, compared with $2.2 billion, or $4.28 per diluted share, in the same period a year earlier.
Oil and gas production rose 13 percent to a record 793,000 barrels oil equivalent (boe) per day.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South